Last week we discussed how to save on school supplies for the upcoming school year. This week we will discuss ways to save on clothing. Try these money-savings strategies when shopping for uniforms or clothing for back to school:
- Don’t opt out hand-me-downs. If uniforms are required, try to find an older sibling, friend or neighbor who you can borrow or purchase their used uniforms.
- Sell your gently-used uniforms for cash. There are some consignment stores specifically for school uniforms. If there is not one in your area, you can always put the word out that you are selling your child’s used uniforms – if they are still in good condition!
- Buy used uniforms. Try visiting a local consignment store. You may also get lucky and find backpacks and other items for less!
- Shop at department stores and outlet malls. If uniforms are not required, outlet malls often have the brand name clothing items that you or your child like at highly discounted prices! Also check department stores for sales.
- Shop online. Just like department stores and outlet malls, you can find lots of deals online. This is also a great time to save on the “free dress days” that many schools are now offering where students are not required to wear uniforms for certain days.
Have any other tips for saving on clothing for school? Let us know below!